Thursday, March 31, 2011

What do I hate about Witt?

Scheduling.

I am going to be a junior in the fall and I'm only 5 credit hours shy of being a junior at this moment. Yet I'm  STILL continuously shut out of the classes I need to take. It's the most frustrating feeling in the world.

When I vent to friends about this they say, "just ask the professor to add you in! They're generally nice about that." I have to disagree. I asked 3 communication professors this past semester to allow me into one of their comm classes and got denied each time.

I COULD graduate early. Instead I'm struggling to find a class simply to have a full schedule.

I also have to wonder what's going on when the ONLY journalism class offered this fall is Beginning Journalism. I know the journalism department is growing rapidly, but come on! I want to take more classes and they're not even available! (Sorry Mac, but it's frustrating!)

I know I'm not the only student in this boat. It happens to a lot of others, but why isn't more done about this? Who else is struggling to fill a schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment