Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Brief Update on My Stories for Class

Thus far I've only been able to complete one story for Advanced Journalism, and it's been on the effects that dopamine has on the brain when one listens to his or her favorite song.
A study was recently conducted that found that as much dopamine is released in your brain when you listen to your favorite song as when you have sex.
So I interviewed students across campus and the overall consensus was that nobody was at all surprised by the findings of this study.
I found this interesting, because I was kinda surprised by the study. But apparently I was the only one!
I spoke to a professor of behavioral neuroscience, who explained why the brain has this reaction.
I also spoke to a friend of mine who is a psychology major and music minor, the perfect combination for this story and she was very helpful.
Then I spoke with the Head Music Director of WUSO who explained his feelings on music and how he feels when he listens to a song he really likes.
Lastly I interviewed a music major who also wasn't at all surprised by the findings because he has enjoyed music his whole life.

The story was a lot of fun to write and I didn't have any difficulties getting interviews or reactions with this piece. I think a lot of students will read it when The Torch hits news stands this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment