Sunday, April 24, 2011

I can only cook Deviled Eggs.

No really. That's all that I can make from scratch. I made some this morning for Easter.

I'm looking forward to my house next year and the ability to cook meals to save money. However, I've been thinking a lot lately about what I'm going to make and I'm realizing there isn't much I know how to cook! I can make deviled eggs and french toast casserole. That's about it. (Sad, I know)

I learned the deviled eggs recipe from my mom, who learned it from her mom, and so on and so forth. It's a family recipe and I have it memorized. I'm pretty proud of my quirky talent!

But who wants deviled eggs for dinner every night?? Besides, they're kind of a pain in the ass to make. I need to learn how to cook! And quick!

This summer my mom is planning on making a small cookbook for me with all kinds of quick and easy recipes that she finds. This is just another instance in which I am grateful for my mom. She rocks.

For those of you with kitchens, do you have any advice? Better yet, do you have any recipes you can throw my way??

No comments:

Post a Comment