Sunday, April 17, 2011

Things NEVER go as you plan!

I was planning on blogging about my wonderful weekend! I had plans to go horseback riding with my family down at Rio Grande, my brother's university. But of course, Murphy's Law had to be right again. What can go wrong WILL go wrong!

I drove home Friday night and got up at 7 a.m. on Saturday to leave by 8 a.m. to meet my brother at Rio for a late breakfast. So I was sleepy and cranky to start the day. Then we got there to ride horses and not only was it super muddy and cold, but they ran out of rental horses! We were out of luck after we had driven so far and I was bummed.

I know the point of the day was to see my brother but I had my heart set on riding that horse! I've never rode a horse before so I was looking forward to the experience. I guess it wasn't meant to be. The day ended up being alright because we went and got ice cream and just hung out, which doesn't happen enough anymore since my brother and I are both in school.

In hindsight the whole ordeal is so trivial, but when you're caught up in the moment it seems like the world just sucks. That was how I felt at 10:30 a.m. with muddy boots, no horse, and no sleep. I guess the only thing you can do is take a step back and look at the situation for what it's really worth.

The point was to spend time together as a family no matter what.  (And the cost of 4 ice cream cones was a lot less than 4 horse rentals so the same task was accomplished for a lot less! Can't complain :))

Anyone else hate it when things seem to fall apart? This whole situation reminds me of how the printer breaks right before class every time we have something due. Murphy's Law at its finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment