Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Parents vs. My Spring Break Plans

This year I am going on my first Spring Break trip EVER to Tampa, Florida (pictured above). Needless to say, I'm incredibly excited.

But when the idea was first proposed to me I wasn't at all excited. I thought "How on earth am I going to convince my parents to let me go?" Because unlike a lot of my friends, it seems like my parents are not so easy to convince and are often extremely vocal and disapproving of things ( things that I think are fun and harmless, like going to Florida).

Over the past year and a half of my college experience I've had to hide a lot from my parents. They aren't very understanding and are afraid that college is going to corrupt me. It's hard to explain this relationship to my friends because deep down I know my parents only want the best for me, but they come across as very strict.

Maybe it's because I'm the only daughter and I'm the youngest of only 2 children, but I wish my parents would just let me enjoy my college experience sometimes without feeling the need to give their opinion about everything. I already know that they're going to disapprove! They told me they disapprove of this Florida trip but I'm going against their wishes and going anyway. I feel bad about it, but I'm technically an adult and there's nothing they can do!

Is anyone else in the same boat as me or are my parents an anomaly?

No comments:

Post a Comment