Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Semester Story

My BIG story for the semester is going to be about faculty evaluations on campus. I would really like to cover all angles of this story because I think it all relates.

I'd like to explore whether or not they're really effective (in the opinion of students and professors). How much do they cost and why aren't they completely paperless already? Is the cost worth it? Do professors who are not tenured teach differently than the professors who already have tenure? How much do evaluations weigh in the decision to give a professor tenure? And I'd really like to talk to the professors who spend a whole class period discussing evaluations.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to make this story better? I wonder if I should narrow the focus of this story because it seems like a lot to tackle, but I think it should be good for a 1000-word story.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas on who I should interview? Anyone know who is in charge of faculty evaluations each semester??

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an excellent idea--I agree that everything relates & do not feel it's necessary for you to narrow it down further. It will be really interesting to see the comparison between student and faculty opinion!

    ReplyDelete